“Unlocked in Lockdown: Slouch to 5k (for writers)” is a 10-week blogpost series (started in response to the COVID-19 crisis) aiming to support you if you have stalled with a writing project, by rekindling your connection to it.
Each week, I’ll post about an unusual/creative activity (it may not even involve writing), with the idea that, by doing the activities, you’ll overcome blocks, resistance, apathy and struggle, and feel enthused again so that you restart your project, making more progress.
Your writing aims can relate to fiction, non-fiction, poetry, scriptwriting, songwriting – it won’t matter, as long as you do have a project you’d like to work towards – a tangible creative goal/output.
You can follow (and participate) on Twitter – @pagechatter.
The weekly posts will appear below. There will be two initial “Invitations” (ongoing Resources) followed by ten weekly activities.
3. Week 1 Activity – The Guide
4. Week 2 Activity – The Soundtrack
5. Week 3 Activity – The Dialogue
6. Week 4 Activity – The Reward
7. Week 5 Activity – The Exchange
8. Week 6 Activity – The Cartoon
9. Week 7 Activity – The Affirmation
10. Week 8 Activity – The Film
11. Week 9 Activity – The Empty Hour
12. Week 10 Activity – The Wow!
In this blog series, I’ll be sharing a few tips about good writing habits that I often recommend in my mentoring.
You can find out more about my mentoring here.
Additional recommended/free resources are available here.
“Slouch to 5k” is grateful for support from the Paper Nations Writing Producers’ scheme.