Are you grappling with a novella-in-flash? Or interested to try writing one? Since 2018, I have provided editorial support and mentoring to over two dozen writers prior to the publication of their novellas-in-flash. And in 2022 I’ll be publishing the first ever full road map for writing one: Unlocking the Novella-in-Flash: from Blank Page to Finished Manuscript (Ad Hoc Fiction, 2022).
Here are various options for feedback and editing:
(1) Want to write a novella-in-flash? See Michael’s one-to-one, online course designed to support you while you develop one.
(2) The Work-in-Progress Exploration – will help you take stock of a manuscript that instinct already tells you isn’t yet ready to submit to a publisher or competition. Maybe you know things need fixing, or there’s more to write. Together, we’ll figure out a plan for what else the manuscript needs. £99 per 4,000 words (or £200 for 10,000 words) for a 1-hr exploratory discussion by Skype/Zoom/telephone, plus an action plan for moving forward afterwards.
(3) Standard Manuscript Assessment – for when you’d like a second opinion on a completed manuscript before submitting it to a publisher or competition. This option will help you confirm whether your novella-in-flash/novel-in-flash is fully ready, and outlines what final changes might be needed. £120 (per 5,000 words) – 2-3 pages of developmental manuscript assessment, sent by email.
(4) Enhanced Manuscript Assessment – for when you’d like detailed feedback on a completed manuscript before submitting it to a publisher or competition, identifying the final changes that need to be made. £150 (per 5,000 words) – 6-10 pages of developmental manuscript assessment.
+£70 to £90 (per 5,000 words) for line by line edits by email in addition to option (3) or option (4). (Price confirmed after reading a sample of the manuscript.) Copy editing highlights possibilities for making the language in your manuscript more vivid, accomplished, and assured, so that you can submit your manuscript with more confidence.
(5) Final copy editing of manuscripts prior to publication – £38 per hour (usually approx. £180 for 5,000 words). Available to writers who have already found a publisher.
Please send your enquiry about manuscript assessment/editing (giving brief details of the project, including word count, and stating which type of help you are looking for), through this contact form.
For further information about Michael’s experience with novellas-in-flash, see here.