Michael provides various options for feedback and editorial help with a novella-in-flash:
(1) Want to write a novella-in-flash? See Michael’s one-to-one, online course designed to support you while you develop one.
(2) Work-in-Progress Exploration – £200 (per 10,000 words) for a 1-hr exploratory discussion by Skype/Zoom/telephone, some questions to think about in advance of the call and an action plan for moving forward afterwards. Suitable for manuscripts that you know aren’t yet “finished”.
(3) Standard Manuscript Assessment – £240 (per 10,000 words) – 2-3 pages of developmental manuscript assessment, sent by email. For when you’d like a second opinion on a completed novella-in-flash/novel-in-flash.
(4) Enhanced Manuscript Assessment – £280 (per 10,000 words) – 6-10 pages of developmental manuscript assessment. For when you’d like thorough feedback on a completed novella-in-flash/novel-in-flash.
+£140 to £180 (per 10,000 words) for line by line edits by email in addition to option (3) or option (4). Price confirmed after reading a sample of the manuscript.
(5) Final copy-editing of manuscripts prior to publication – £40 per hour (usually approx. £320 for 10,000 words). Available to writers who have already found a publisher.
Please send your enquiry about manuscript assessment/editing (giving brief details of the project, including word count, and stating which type of help you are looking for), through this contact form.
Michael has provided editorial support and mentoring to a number of writers prior to the publication of their novellas with leading flash fiction publishers. For further information about Michael’s experience with novellas-in-flash, see here.