Creative Coaching can help you to silence your inner critic, overcome procrastination, tackle any inner resistance to being creative and productive, and allow you to express the full flourishing of your creativity.
How it Works:
In a typical creative coaching session (anything from 30-60 minutes, over Skype / Zoom / telephone or meeting in person), we might do any of the following:
- Identify goals (both minimum and “Wow!” goals) and plan specific steps towards these
- Explore motivation and meaning
- Work on any confidence issues
- Discuss obstacles to productivity in your environment and work life and find ways around these
- Ensure accountability for agreed next steps – keeping you on track!
- Explore publishing opportunities / strategies and marketplace issues
- Find ways to unleash your greater creativity
- Increased productivity – help to make writing a more regular habit
- Improved confidence – know your strengths and how to maximise them
- Clearer goals and objectives and clearer thinking generally about your creative life
- Greater sense of tangible progress
- An ally to help you bounce back from writing rejections and cope with the struggles of pursuing a life as a writer
- Someone who understands the role of creativity in your life and helps you to make it more central
- A deeper, more enriched connection to your various aspects of your practice and craft
- Help to develop your ideas and feelings into meaningful creative projects
- Being equipped with a wider range of resources and awareness of available support for living the life of a writer
- Higher motivation to share your writing with others and bring your writing into the world. And smarter success strategies for doing so!
I’m currently offering coaching sessions at
- £20 for 30 minutes
- £30 for 45 minutes
- £40 for 60 minutes
- If you book a package of six sessions you’ll receive a complimentary follow-up session (to take place within three months of the sixth session)
- Ongoing support by email – £30 per week (or £100 for one month)
45-minute or 60-minute sessions are recommended initially. 30-minute sessions work well once a project (or new set of working habits) is / are substantially underway and the focus is on maintaining momentum.
Sessions can be spread over whatever time period suits you in order to support your commitment to longer-term goals. Often weekly, fortnightly or ten-day gaps work well before spacing the sessions more widely once a project has gained significant momentum.
Coaching can take place via Skype, Zoom, telephone or in person.
I’ve undertaken training in Creativity Coaching with its founder Eric Maisel https://ericmaisel.com
I have also undertaken Facilitator Development training with The Institute of Education, University College London (2018).
To book, or to ask questions, please send a message here.
Creative coaching can be combined with manuscript feedback / editing. See here. I call this combination “mentoring”.