I’m passionate about helping early career writers, artists and creative freelancers to make more progress with long-term goals – so you feel like you’re no longer struggling or frustrated in your creative endeavours, but actually thriving.
What a Creativity Coach Can Help You With:
Any or all of the following may chime with you:
- Have you lost momentum with a difficult creative project?
- Do you lack sufficient time for your creativity?
- Do you feel worn out by swimming solo, without an adequate creative community/network around you?
- Are you secretly wishing you could earn your living from your creativity?
- Have you been feeling discouraged by setbacks and rejections?
- Are you finding your creative practice a bit less meaningful these days?
The realities of working independently without adequate help can mean we want to give up before we’ve actually fulfilled our goals.
Benefits of Working with a Creativity Coach:
Coaching leaves you better supported. Here are some of the tangible benefits of working with a coach:
- Productivity – an “accountability buddy” to ensure you stay motivated, manage time well, and finish creative projects that are currently stuck
- Increased confidence – quieten your inner critic, understand your strengths and how to maximise them
- An ally who can help you bounce back from rejections and cope with any struggles
- Finding a better balance between work, personal life and your creativity
- Deepening your knowledge of the “industry” you’re working in, and figuring out how to earn money from your creativity
- Help with building a stronger network of creative allies and contacts
- Figuring out how to create social impact, find creative work more meaningful, or find your specific role in the world as a creative person
- Smarter success strategies for getting your creative projects out there into the world and shared more widely with others.
Types of Clients:
Since 2015, I have worked one-to-one with clients from diverse backgrounds and all levels of experience. I do have a particular interest in helping artists, writers and creative freelancers who are:
- actively trying to finish a major creative project, but finding it tricky
- OR wanting to reach a wider audience with their creative work
- OR hoping to earn more money from their creative career
- OR wrestling with questions about the meaningfulness/impact of their creative endeavours
How it Works:
A typical coaching session lasts 55 minutes (over Skype/Zoom/telephone), or can be conducted by weekly email exchange. Think of it as an informed, friendly chat with a fellow creative. It’s as simple and as powerful as that!
I’m currently offering coaching sessions at:
- £50 for 55 minutes, with an email check-in between sessions
- If we haven’t worked together before, a first coaching session is £25
- If you book a package of eight sessions (held during a four-month period) you’ll receive a 10% discount
- Ongoing support by email – £50 for four weeks
Sessions can be spread over whatever time period suits you. Often weekly, fortnightly or ten-day gaps work well before spacing the sessions more widely once a project has gained significant momentum.
I’ve made my living as a full-time facilitator for over ten years, working in Adult and Higher Education since 2011 and also one-to-one with private clients since 2015. I’ve had twenty years of creative practice as a fiction writer and poet, with many individual stories and poems published in that time, and my third full publication due out in late 2021, from Ad Hoc Fiction.
I’ve undertaken training in Creativity Coaching with its founder Eric Maisel https://ericmaisel.com
I have also undertaken Facilitator Development training with The Institute of Education, University College London (2018) and am a Candidate for Accreditation with the Creativity Coaching Association.
To book, or to ask questions, please send a message here.